- Study 7 spelling words for weekly spelling test (each Friday). We are working our way up to 10 spelling words for weekly spelling test. This week's words:
- mom
- hot
- hop
- pot
- pop
- ox
- lock
- Read "The Big Blue Ox" pgs 56-71 in reading book & Study High Frequency Words pgs 54-55. There will be a Comprehension Test and High Frequency Word test each Friday.
- Parents to sign and date RAH-RAH (Read At Home) note each week. Counts as homework and is due each Friday. Indicates that student has practiced 15 minutes on sight words and in the reading book on the dates listed - minimum 4 days per week.
- Study number, color and kindergarten words. Test September 8-12
- MATH - write numbers 0-30
Recognize numbers to 30
Count to 30 (forward, backward, skip counting by 2, 5 and 10) - Complete Math Practice Pages (8 pages of written work) due Friday
- Writing - Read pages 72-73 in reading book & complete page 73 on a separate sheet. Due Friday.
Now for a little humor. I was reviewing the kids' paperwork for the day and G had some worksheets on patriotic themes. One of them included the Pledge of Allegiance. He learned the Pledge in daycare a while back but I asked him if he could recite it. He said, "Yes, Mommy. I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the republic for which it stands one nation, under God ,with invisibility and justice for all."
Love to all!
Andee
First grade is just a refresh course for this boy!!!! How is my Mattie D doin I have got to come see them I miss them terribly bad!!!!!
ReplyDelete