Friday, January 20, 2012

Life

If you know me well enough to have suffered through one of my philosophical ramblings about putting things in perspective, then you've heard me say that life has a way of smacking me in the back of the head from time to time. It seems to happen just when I start feeling a little to sorry for myself - "oh I haven't been feeling good" "I'm having a hard time at work", this is bad, that is worse - just when I dangle on the edge of self pity, something happens to jolt me back to reality. Things aren't so bad YOU IDIOT! You know this. You have experienced worse than this and there are people out there who are going through things which are much worse than you can imagine. I'm reminded to count my blessings, be happy I have a job that I essentially enjoy, I have co-workers I adore, I have a wonderful husband I love with all my heart - he's good to me and he's an unbelievable father. We have seen our share of heartbreak but we have two beautiful children we were told we'd never have...the list goes on and on. I accept the fact that we will all have bad days - some much worse than others but as long as we're here we just need to remind ourselves that life is short - too short to stress out of things we have no control over. 
Now on to a quiet weekend with my little family - i plan to take time to relax and (hopefully) recover.
Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment