Sunday, February 26, 2012

Up late

The house is quiet and all are asleep. Cody is still up but I think he's getting ready to bail on me.  Soon it will just be me and some true crime shows on Netflix. Wild and crazy Saturday night. Funny that I only recently said I never stayed up late anymore and now look at me.


I guess I should provide some updates. It appears that my weeks long battle with pneumonia is finally behind me. I had pneumonia for a little over a month and after two rounds of antibiotics, 3 chest x-rays and an ER visit for chest (not heart) pain (costochondritis - it hurts...bad...don't get it) I think I'm past it. I still cough/laugh like a 3 pack per day smoker but I finally have my energy back. From what I understand it takes weeks to fully recover but my last x-ray was clear so I'm ok with the lingering irritations.  Enough about my health - you have no idea how OVER that topic I am. :-)


The kids are keeping us on our toes, as always. We've had a little issue with our little angels jumping on the bed...repeatedly...even after parental intervention, time outs, toy removal, TV time removal. As a child, I have to admit I did a little jumping of my own (don't tell my parents) but as a parent you tend to ignore the fun of it and go immediately to the potential physical harm that a fall would cause. Mattie had a fall on Super Bowl Sunday - we're not sure if she fell off the bed or if she was standing in a chair (another problem) but she bumped her head pretty good so now we are trying our best to nip the jumping in the bud. While in timeout, I talked to Gabriel and tried to explain why we don't want him jumping on the bed. That our concern is about his safety. He says he understands then 3 minutes later he's jumping. We'll keep working on it. I'm just waiting on the moment when he says "Mommy, you're no fun."  Ow...what's that? My heart breaking!!


Until tomorrow my friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment