I'm not really trying to brag, I'm just terribly proud of Gabriel's progress. As you might have heard (sarcastic tone), Gabriel was born prematurely. I'm happy to report that our little superstar caught up (in size) by his first birthday. He took his time in the speech department and ended up taking 2 semesters of speech class. He doubled his vocabulary in the first 2 weeks and continued to do a great job until they kicked him out (graduated him really). They advised he had caught up completely and was even a little ahead. Fast forward to last week, you might have read that he started "school" last Monday. He starts out in the 2-3 year old room. He won't be 3 until October 29 so that makes sense right?? Well, I called on Tuesday, about midday, to check and see how everyone was doing and the assistant director told me she was glad I called because she wanted to discuss something with me. My mind immediately starts racing trying to figure out what in the world he (or she) could have done to require a discussion with the assistant director on day 2. She said they were considering moving Gabriel to the 4 year old room once he was completely potty trained and she wanted to know how I felt about that. I told her that was great! She said he was so smart and already knew his letters, numbers, colors and shapes and they thought he might do better in that class. Of course, I was beaming after the call. A little while later I checked the website to get the details on the class she had referenced. At this point I was assuming we were moving from the 2-3 year old class to the 3-4 year old class. To my surprise, I was incorrect. He would be moving from the 2-3 year old class to the 4-5 year old class. Wait, WHAT?!? Yes, it's true. We still have the potty training hurdle to get over but that's pretty exciting stuff! When I took the tour they told me that some of the kids in the 4-5 year old class were reading. COOL!!
We'll keep you posted on his progress but I couldn't be more proud of his progress. Don't worry, we're not going to be those crazy, pushy parents who are already planning on his college graduation at age 15. We will just continue to work with him and do what we can to keep him interested and engaged.
No comments:
Post a Comment