Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Another Day of Healing

No, I'm still not ready to type it all out. Sorry. For any of you that have followed us since Gabriel was born, I'm sure you've figured out by now that this is therapy for me. I honestly don't know if anyone reads this stuff if I don't post a link and it really doesn't matter. If you read, great, if not it still does me some good to put it out there. My hope is always that I/we can help someone who deals with or has dealt with similar issues. If you're just curious about what's going on with us, I guess that's ok too. :-)
Mattie is still doing great. She's an amazing little human. We have a follow up appointment with her pediatrician tomorrow. She's been telling me that she needs to show him her "big noggin". I have to share the back story on that one. Gabriel bumped his head a week or so ago and he had bump. He kept saying he had a big noggin rather than a big bump. Well when Mattie fell, it appears she bumped her head. There was a little mark above her left eyebrow. Nothing major - no bump just a little mark. When we asked her if she bumped her head she said "Yes. I have a big noggin". So now she feels the need to tell her doc that she has a big noggin. :-)  She also said she was going to tell him that she went under the sea but Sophia and Daddy got her out. Then she asks again if she can go swimming. Unbelievable.
Though she is moving on, it's hard for us (and other members of the family) to let go of the images and the what ifs. We all know she's fine but it's hard to let go of the fact that it could have very easily gone the other way. It really makes you think...as it should.
Enough of the downer stuff. We're coming to the end of another day of healing and we are so blessed to have each other and friends and family that love us.

Thanks all!

No comments:

Post a Comment