Monday, August 6, 2012

Homecoming

I know this has been a bit of a traumatic experience for more than just Bobby and me. That's why I've been trying to post pictures and positive updates so everyone can see that she's really OK. It's hard seeing what our family members saw and watch us leave in an ambulance. The only visual they have is the incident itself. SO - here's something that I hope will make you all smile. Please excuse the crappy camera work. I wanted to capture the babies seeing each other for the first time since she was shipped off in the ambulance. They talked via FaceTime a couple of times on Sunday morning but this was their reunion.
Once Gabriel heard she had been discharged and was headed home, he went to the front door to sit and watch for her. Our drive home was about 45 minutes. When we turned on to our road we told Mattie to look at the front door to see if she could see her brother. She saw him and got very excited. I started filming about halfway up the driveway.
Enjoy!
(I apologize for my voice...not sure what was up there, exhaustion, emotions, trying to keep the kids upbeat...whatever, I sound like Alvin the Chipmunk...sorry)

No comments:

Post a Comment