...when my posts make no mention of illness. I am happy to report that this week's illness is not impacting my darling children. I have been the lucky victim this week. It started out innocently enough, I had an annoying runny nose last Saturday but it progressed into something nasty by Monday morning. I was having some difficulty catching my breath so I broke down and called for an appointment with my doctor. They were booked so I made an appointment for Tuesday. It didn't take long to decide that I couldn't wait until Tuesday. I went to urgent care and they diagnosed me with a nasty case of bronchitis and wrote 3 prescriptions for me. The most important being the steriods - that's what helped my breathing. I still sound like an 80 year old life-long smoker but I can breathe! I'm still working on my last few doses of the steriods but I'm done with my antibiotics. WHEW!
The kids are great. Gabriel did have a difficult time adjusting back into the school routine after getting so much time with me last week. It's always hard - he gets attached, and so do I. Other than that, all is well.
We are so sad to see the horrible things that have happened in Japan as well as on the west coast of the US. You just never know when those things are going to happen. It reminds me that we need to treat every day as the blessing that it is. Don't forget to tell the people you love how you feel and remember what's REALLY important. You might just discover that it is NOT the thing you've been stressing about.
Much love to all and we'll catch up with you again soon.
ACD
No comments:
Post a Comment