Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I'm ok, really

I should never, ever promise to post. It never fails. I intend to post but something happens..like, oh, I don't know...LIFE. For the past 3 days I've been working full days and trying to tend to a small child with an intestinal bug. I've done it but this is tough stuff. I've gotten this down since the kids have had some sort of funk just about every other week. I can get in a full day including 2 hour conference calls, almost without a hitch. I have a very understanding boss - 1 minute before our weekly meeting yesterday G walks up to me and says "Mommy, I pooped." Oh joy - lately those instances where he goes in the Pull-Up have required full protective and clean up gear. This bug is nasty and can only thank the Pull-Up gods for sturdy equipment. Anyway, the boss was very understanding that I would have to take the time to finish the haz-mat cleanup. All ended up fine after that.
To give you an update on him - he's feeling better. At least he's eating better, which I hope is an indication at we are on the mend. I'm praying for all to be better tomorrow. Wish us luck.
Mattie continues to be the social butterfly at school. I can just get her out of the car and she heads straight for the door at school and doesn't care much if I go in with her or not. She goes directly to her room to see her favorite teacher, Ms. Marsha. I'm happy to report she does seem happy to see by the end of the day. She tells the ladies bye...by name. It's so cute. She sees me and says "Mommy!" then she says "Bye Lana!" and "Bye Jill". When we go to pick up her coat she yells "JACKET!" and as I'm putting it on her, before I even get the second arm in she says "BYE!"
Both kids keep me laughing. Mattie talks so much more than Gabriel did at this age. She seems older than 17 months but she was just born yesterday...right? 
I'm extra chatty because when I get stressed (not in a bad way) about work, I try to refocus my thoughts on my little ones. They always remind me how to keep everything in the proper perspective. In case you haven't notice, I like them...ok LOVE THEM...a lot.
Well, Mattie is asleep and Gabriel needs to go to bed. I'm going to go read to my boy and hopefully we'll get some rest tonight.
Love to all,
Andee

No comments:

Post a Comment