I used to HATE Mondays. That means part of Sunday was spent dreading the fact that I would have to return to work on Monday. That makes for a short weekend. These days, I'm happy to report that I can really enjoy my whole weekend and I really don't mind the work week. If I have to be away from my babies, it's nice to have a job which challenges me each day and allows me to laugh a little. It is not without its moments, all jobs are, but we have a pretty good time.
Bobby and the babies continue to be fabulous! We are still working on the second level of potty training (if you know what I mean) with Gabriel. He's doing much better and we hope to be out of Pull-Ups soon. If we can get him fully potty trained, he may be able to move up to the 4 year old preschool class. That was the plan by day 2 but the potty training is the key. The 4 year olds are all trained so he has to be before he can "skip a grade". I think it will be good for him. He needs to be challenged more and I also think that being around older kids may help him mature even more. When Gabriel started school, he already knew all of his letters, shapes, and numbers up to 20. In the 3 year old class they are just covering things he already knows and I know they have to work to keep him engaged. As an example, the February plan for his class is the letters D-K-Z, the color pink and the shape of the month is the heart. We must potty train!!
Mattie continues to impress us daily. She communicates pretty clearly. Sometimes she looks at me and talks for 2 minutes and I have no idea what she saying. Other times, she tells me what she wants just as plain as day...well, it's plain to me. I often have to translate for others. ha ha She now consistently says "Thank You" when you give her something. She tells us when she's hungry, when she wants to watch Bubble Guppies, and she also sings the ABC song. Not bad for 16 months.She also counts to 5 and has her own dance. I'm going to work on getting video of it so I can post it here.
Well, everyone is off to bed and I need to head that direction myself. Have a good night all and stay safe out there!
ACD
No comments:
Post a Comment